A wow blog post about how to promote metacognition among your students ….
Metacognitive skills are arguably the most important set of skills we need for our journey through life as they orchestrate every cognitive skill involved in problem-solving, decision-making and self-monitoring (both cognitive and socio-affective). We start acquiring them at a very early age at home, in school, in the playground and in any other social context an individual interacts with other human beings. But what are metacognitive skills?
What is metacognition?
I often refer to metacognition as ‘the voice inside your head’ which helps you solve problems in life by asking you questions like:
- What is the problem here?
- Based on what I know already about this task, how can I solve this problem?
- Is this correct?
- How is this coming along?
- If I carry on like this where am I going to get?
- What resources should I use to carry out this task?
- What should come first? What should come…
View original post 2,184 more words