This week you’ve come across:
Edmodo, Animoto, About.me, Flavors.me, and Prezi
Think of how you could use one of these tools with your students.
Add your ideas to your own digital portfolio (Consider language goals, digital tool to be used, time frame, steps).
What a surprise for my students!
My Action Plan:
Grade Level: 11th
By the end of this lesson, students will:
- learn about the parts of autobiography.
- write autobiographies.
- Internet Access
- “How to write an autobiography” sheet
- or a graphic organizer of an autobiography.
Digital Tools to be used:
Time Frame: 50 min.
Pre-Task (15 min):
- This lesson will be carried out after training my students on how to use About.me and Edmodo.
- I tell my students that they are going to write their autobiographies.
- I ask them to look at the sheet of (How to Write an autobiography) and discuss with them the parts of autobiography.
- I tell them that they are going to create their autobiographies using about.me.
- I present the Animoto that I have prepared with the help of about.me blog’s pictures http://blog.about.me/. It includes some models of About.me pages.
I ask each student to start creating his/her about.me page.
They can use their own photos or pictures from www.google.com that suit them.
Once they finish creating their about.me pages, I ask each pair to see each other about.me pages and give feedback.
I ask them to share their autobiographies in our Edmodo class.
- Students go to our Edmodo class to visit their peers’ about.me pages and leave comments to them.
- I ask students to visit the Poll that I created to vote for the most wonderful about.me pages.
- I will use our Edmodo website to create badges for the winners (Top 5 Winners).